The Pantone Color Institute is a US Corporation based in New Jersey that is known for their Pantone Matching System (PMS). Many different industries use the PMS to ensure consistent color – including: paint, fabric and plastics. Every Year the Pantone Color Institute chooses a color that “represents” our current moment in time. As a result of their choice, this color becomes a focal point for the ENTIRE calendar year for all things fashion, home decor & beauty.
The Pantone 2019 Color of the Year is Living Coral:
“An animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge.”
They stated that in our digital world – where much of our life exists on our mobile/computer screens – we are yearning for things that are REAL. You can’t get more REAL than nature.
Pantone Institute also called it,
“A nurturing color. We are seeking authentic and immersive experiences that enable connection and intimacy. Symbolizing our innate need for optimism and joyful pursuits, Living Coral embodies our desire for playful expression.”
There are MULTIPLE color palattes that this color would look amazing with. There is truly something for every taste. Accent items are my favorite way to incorporate the color of the year. So, what will YOU add to your world this year to incorporate this gorgeous color.
Here are 5 of my FAVORITE ideas:
- Throw Pillows – Throw Pillows can transform a room – the little touches of color bring the room up to date in seconds. They can be added to couches, beds, outdoor furniture – your imagination is the only limit! Grab a few of these that speak to you and “sprinkle” them around your home to immediately incorporate this beautiful color.
2. Throw Blankets – Every home can ALWAYS use blankets – esp. when they are cute and comfy!! Lay one on the end of your bed, throw it over the back of your couch – there are so many options!!
- Top 10 Ways to Use LipSense
- Pantone Color of the Year 2018: Ultra Violet
- Find Your Undertone
- How to Become who YOU want to be
- More Fun in the Sun: A SeneGence SeneSun Sunscreen Review