DISCLAIMER: Please note that some of the links in this article are affiliate links. In fact, just go ahead and assume that anywhere you see a link, that it’s an affiliate link. There is NO additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase, I will simply earn a small commission for referring you. For more information - please see my Affiliate Disclosure page.
As a LipSense Vendor, events can be an amazing boost to your business. However, they always go over BEST if you are fully prepared to handle whatever comes your way. THIS is my MUST HAVE list – meaning I really don’t want to do an event without them. Use it as a checklist of sorts – to make sure you have everything you need for your upcoming event! I even attached Amazon links to my favorites – because, I know your time is valuable. Anything to help out a SeneSister!!!
DISCLAIMER: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.This post includes affiliate links. While there is no cost to you, we may receive a small referral fee for bringing you to a recommended product or service.
12 MUST HAVE Items for LIPSENSE VENDOR EVENTS:
- Table – some events will provide this for you – but I have found that I usually end up using my OWN 6′ table as well. (I LOVE this one – it folds up and has a handle which makes it SOOOO much easier to lug into vendor events.) If you want to do this ON THE CHEAP – watch at yardsales, thrift stores – you’ll inevitably find one.
- Tablecloth – I prefer black and these fitted – non-wrinkle are THE BOMB!! They lay perfectly everytime and create a very professional feel at your vendor booth.
- Business Cards – My favorite place to purchase business card templates is on Etsy. Just find one you like, purchase and within a day or two – you have a digital image you can put directly into vistaprint for beautiful and somewhat unique cards. NEVER do an event without business cards!!! Vistaprint even has an app called My Card which you can use to “send” someone your business card – if all else fails – send them a digital card!!!
- Testers – You don’t need to have every color tester on hand to do an event. It’s nice, but not necessary. If you have 5 – swatch those 5 – if you have 30 – swatch those. Just make sure you HAVE testers with you. (Ideally – I like to have one of each lipcolor, gloss, shadowsense, foundation testers and definitely all 3 Color Correcting Tinted Moisturizers) Bring what YOU have and SHOW IT OFF!! **You can also always ask an upline or another SeneSister to borrow testers if you haven’t yet had the time/$ to acquire your own. **
- Stock – Have product on hand to sell. As women – if you have it with you – we are inclined to buy more. Vendor events are CLASSIC for this. I like to keep my stock in THIS bag. I actually own 4 of them!! They are fabulous for events and I can keep it under the table and sell from it & product isn’t out where people can open it.
- LipGloss Wands – This is one of those products you can purchase in the SeneGence back office – but they are MUCH cheaper on Amazon. THIS 600pc set is my favorite bundle to purchase – I’m all about saving $ – and buying in bulk helps that. (another option 200pc Set) Personally I use 3 wands for each individual to “TRY ON” LipSense – so order per the length of your event.
- Cotton Rounds – Easy to find and CHEAP – these help CLEAN the lips (with #8) of those who decide to TRY ON the color at your event. 600 pads (bulk), for smaller ones – buy them at Walmart or Target. I LOVE the Cotton Round holder you can purchase in your back office supplies – made of acrylic and super durable and cute! On the quick order it’s called: Cotton Container Acrylic.
- Witch Hazel – Grab a bottle at Walmart or the dollar store – I have mine in a spray bottle so I can spray the cotton round and hand it to the one wanting to try it on. Then their lips are CLEAN prior to application.
- Alcohol Pads – these are HEAVEN for when you are taking swatches off someone’s hands. Comes off beautifully – ALWAYS have them on hand. 400 pads (bulk) 200 pads **Side Note: In your Quick Order in your SeneGence back office you can also purchase an acrylic: Demo Applicators Container. I own 2 and I take it to EVERY event FILLED. There are 4 areas – I use them for: lipgloss wands, alcohol pads, gloss samples, matte gloss samples. You could put whatever you want in them. My 2nd one holds mascara wands, disposable liners, etc. But get one – THEY are awesome!!!
- Raffle & Raffle forms – I NEVER do an event without doing a RAFFLE. (Do always clear it with the Event Organizer – but I’ve never had one tell me no.) People like FREE – they are drawn to FREE – we all think WE are going to win. The prize changes – sometimes it’s a gloss – or a makeup bag I found on clearance or a cute charm bracelet – but DO NOT skip this step. I have one I use that looks VERY professional that I purchased off Etsy and I HIGHLY recommend you find one you like and do the same. Have a sign that says ENTER TO WIN – have the prize there all packaged and cute and a bowl for them to toss in their entries!! If you are interested in doing a Digital Raffle – go HERE – they are amazing.
- Pens – you will definitely need pens for your guests to fill out their raffle forms – DON’T forget these. I keep mine in a pencil pouch IN my vendor “kit”. There is even a pencil holder in there I put out at the events – looks super classy & professional. (No need for pens to match or be cute – mine are a total mish-mash)
- Planner/Calendar – Whatever YOU use to keep track of your schedule – make sure you have it with you!! There is NO better time to pick a date for that demo/personal makeup apt or launch party!! Don’t say I’ll call you – unless there is a line of people waiting for your attention. Even then – set a specific TIME to talk tomorrow.
This is Part 1/2. For #allthethings that aren’t necessary but are NICE/FUN (and we really want) to have – Read Part 2.
Other Articles you Might Like:
- Top 10 Tips for new SeneGence/LipSense Distributors
- 5 SeneGence/LipSense CLASSIC In-home party themes
- Top 5 YouTube Videos: How to Eat without Ruining Your LipStick
- You Lead – I Follow . . . Are you a Leader or a Boss?
- 10 Steps to an UNFORGETTABLE in-home LipSense/SeneGence party