DISCLAIMER: Please note that some of the links in this article are affiliate links. In fact, just go ahead and assume that anywhere you see a link, that it’s an affiliate link. There is NO additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase, I will simply earn a small commission for referring you. For more information - please see my Affiliate Disclosure page.
They definitely attract people to your booth at a vendor event.
Who doesn’t love FREE?
Here are 5 Reasons you’ll Fall in LOVE with using Digital Raffles at vendor events.
- Handwriting – Reading handwriting on paper raffle entries can be a nightmare. People often fill them out SUPER fast often resulting in HARD TO READ handwriting. You enter the information not being able to tell if it’s an a or an o – and HOPE you chose wisely. Avoid this entire problem by having them input their information digitally.
2. No need for Wifi – One of the biggest drawbacks at big events is that EVERY Vendor is trying to use the WIFI – which often makes it slow or IMPOSSIBLE to use – or you have to pay an absorbitant fee to access it. Eliminate that by using an app to house your Digital Raffle.
By using the right app – you can access the survey in offline mode and it sets it up so that as soon as someone has completed the survery – it returns to the homepage which entices the next passerby to enter – for example, “Enter Here to WIN a FREE LipSense LipColor”.
The Survey App I chose to use (and will CONTINUE to use) is Quick Tap Survey. I would suggest that you intially look up the differnet apps on your desktop and then compare and find the one that works best for what YOU’ll be using the app for. (I am NOT an affiliate for Quick Tap Survey – just a VERY happy Customer).
They help you create your initial survey and its SOOOO easy to do. You CAN administer it from a cell phone but I’ll show you in a minute – how to do it from an ipad and WOW everyone at your event. You can access the app intitally FREE for a 14 day trial after which you can choose to pause your subscription/choose your subscription level or cancel your access. My Opinion is that for Vendor Events – IT IS WORTH every penny!!)
2. No More Lost Slips – Raffle slips are often small and easily get lost at the event or once you are home. Eliminate this by having ALL interested parties info digitally entered and then you can print out a spreadsheet of the info once you get home and the event is over. If you are working the event with multiple consultants you can even print out a spreadsheet based on WHOM was selected that they spoke with.
3. NEVERENDING Information Entry – entering names, phone numbers, emails takes TIME. When using a digital raffle app you can easily use a program called Zapier to Link between the Digital Raffle and the Email program you use – eliminating at least ONE source of entry. You can also use Zapier to link to your customer program as well as many other programs you possibly use. Zapier is a program that helps AUTOMATE things you do repeatedly to decrease your overall workload. Using this program (Zapier) will CHANGE the way you do business!!
4. Make Raffle Entry FUN Again – Entice Passersby to stop and fill out your Raffle form with the way it’s presented . . . People who otherwise wouldn’t stop – will be enticed by your HOMESCREEN that announces the Raffle and the FREE item you’ll be giving away! Some people are just shy and although they might not stop to talk – they are intrigued with what you are selling. These leads will definitely NOT be as HOT as the ones you talk to and interact with – but you NEVER know if they’ll turn into sales at one point.
5. Let the APP randomly pick the winner(s) for you – once you are back in the land of eternal wifi – you can easily have the app randomly pick the Raffle winner(s) for you. No need for other apps or subscriptions to raffle picker websites.
So, come into the 21st Century – go digital. Digital Raffles at vendor events are ALL the rage!!
5 Things you NEED to get started to increase your leads at vendor events?
- Pick which app you’ll use. I use Quick Tap Survey. Use a desktop to get on, create your survey/raffle and choose the plan you’ll use once your 14 day trial is up.
- Locking Tablet Stand – In order to ensure passersby don’t RUN OFF with your Ipad and that they SEE the screen enticing them to enter your Raffle – I highly suggest THIS Tablet Stand. You’ll want one for EACH Ipad you are using. (I have 2.)
These stands are made of metal – the little shelf is useful to hold brochures or a sign that says Enter to Win – they are a little heavy – but PERFECT for use in the Vendor Setting. The screen area will hold Ipad 2,3,4 or Air (area is adjustable) up to a 9.7inch screen.
3. Ipad – you MAY use your phone to distribute the survey – but it’s not as enticing to passersby AND if you’re with a customer – you’re losing access to many that are walking by. So, I HIGHLY suggest an ipad. Actually, if possible – I’d encourage you to have 2 available. Then you can reach multiple passersby at one time. Aim one at each “edge” of your booth – so no matter which direction they are walking in – they see it!
4. Long Cord – This is NOT a Requirement – but certainly nice to have, especially for those LONG vendor days. You can charge the ipads at night – but inevitably – they will at some point run out of power during long events. This long cord will run perfectly THRU the stand pictured above and plug directly into your Ipad and your charged charger so you can replenish it’s power and help it last thru the entire event day.
**USER TIP: plug cord into Ipad each day BEFORE locking it into place – so you only have to plug into the charged charger when battery begins to run low.
5. Charger – Whenever we deal with anything digital – it is ALWAYS smart to have a charger on hand to RE-Charge when our items start to run low. Grab a few and always keep them charged and on hand – this is one of my favorites – it is super light weight and holds a LOT of charge.
Other Articles you may Like:
- What to Include in SeneGence Hostess Packet
- TOP 10 Ways to Use LipSense
- The PERFECT Cosplay and Stage Makeup
- Pinning Perfect with Pinterest
- Bella LipSense : LipSense Mixology Photo Series