DISCLAIMER: Please note that some of the links in this article are affiliate links. In fact, just go ahead and assume that anywhere you see a link, that it’s an affiliate link. There is NO additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase, I will simply earn a small commission for referring you. For more information - please see my Affiliate Disclosure page.
It’s a Selfie World Out There
Selfie. Selfie. Selfie. So you see all these selfies on Instagram and Facebook that look AMAZING! If you are like me – you think – man, my pictures NEVER look like that. They MUST be a photographer – and a FEW actually are. But MOST – are using amazing lighting. Lighting REALLY is everything when it comes to pictures. Natural light is IDEAL when taking pictures – but soooo many times we are indoors – or it isn’t the right time of day. So for THESE situations, let me show you a few easy tools to make YOUR pictures and selfies just as INCREDIBLE. Whether you are taking them for fun, for friends or just to document your remarkable life . . . here you go!
Tips to MAKE your Selfie & Social Media pics THEBOMB.COM!!
- #1 – For your EVERY DAY needs: Get this Clip on Ring Light (Amazon Affiliate Link) – The amount of light this brings to your face in ANY light is awesome!! You’ll be floored at the difference a little light can make. (picture with/without a clip on ring light) There are many options out there. They all use batteries. This one takes AAA. I keep it in my purse and pull it out when the lighting where I want to take a pic is less than stellar. This way – you can always get a selfie or a picture in – no matter your location or the time of day!!
#1 is Perfect for Moms & Tween/Teens, Selfie Connoisseurs, and anyone taking pics on the go.
- #2 – To REALLY AMP up your makeup game – – acquire a Lighted Makeup Mirror – Use this to put on your makeup for INCREDIBLE light. Most often we do our makeup in our bathrooms which are KNOWN for their awful lighting. It’s always best to apply your makeup in natural lighting, if possible. Which we typically don’t do – so imagine how much better you’d look when you apply your makeup in good lighting! This mirror travels well – the bottom part of the stand even comes off so it can be flat in your luggage. Have this lighted mirror ON in front of you (so the light is reflected in your face) while you take a picture to UP your selfie game. Go HERE (Amazon Affiliate Link) to purchase this AMAZING lighted mirror!! It seriously ROCKS!!
#2 is Perfect for Moms, Makeup Junkies, those who like to travel, Makeup Artists, and EVERY woman – imagine the fun of having your own “vanity” wherever you go!!
- #3 –Neewer 18″ Light (Amazon Affiliate Link) – – Or if you want to take it to the next level . . . this is what I use for my youtube videos, selfie pics and FB and Insta LIVE’S. This equipment is the bomb.com!! It has a piece that holds your smartphone while you shoot video or take pictures. The light can be dimmed or turned all the way on – so your videos look AMAZING. When you are dealing with makeup like I do – showing the TRUE color is important and since color is soooo affected by light – light is unbelievably important. The stand moves up and down so that you get the perfect angle for whatever you are doing. THIS will change your world!! Trust me!!!!
#3 is Perfect for You Tubers, Taking great pics of products/people, Direct Sales, LIVE videos, etc.
**NOW if you fall into category #3 – – you should totally grab THIS item as well. Having a background behind you when doing videos or going live – even in pictures is so much more professional looking than seeing your messy house or room behind you. Backgrounds can easily be switched out – but often “your tribe” begins to associate your background with YOU. Here are a few examples of ones you could use: Rose Gold Glitter, White Wood,or even Four Blue Doors. Just a few of my favorites! Or grab a few and switch it up!!
Interested to see how I use my lights? Come join me in my #backstagepass lounge. It’s where the MAGIC happens.
Other Articles you Might Like:
- Slay IG: How to use Instagram like a Pro for your Business
- The Benefits of becoming a SeneGence Makeup Artist
- Top 5 Makeup Vanity Sets to GIFT your Tween/Teen
- Top 5 Mermaid Makeup Tutorials
- Attraction Marketing: How to Attract the Customers you REALLY want