DISCLAIMER: Please note that some of the links in this article are affiliate links. In fact, just go ahead and assume that anywhere you see a link, that it’s an affiliate link. There is NO additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase, I will simply earn a small commission for referring you. For more information - please see my Affiliate Disclosure page.
Looking for Direct Sales Team Meeting Ideas?
As a Direct Seller, whether your upline is close or far away often determines your ability to ATTEND local meetings. Local Team Meetings can make or break your business. MY personal uplines were all far away – and I couldn’t find anyone holding meetings close to me – so, I started my own. At first they were small – but they have grown and typically we attract quite a crowd. The beautiful thing is – that TEAM meetings can be effective whether the group is just 2, 6, 12 or 50 . . . The idea is to support and inspire each other and create an environment where all are welcomed. Overall – direct sales team meeting ideas may vary – but the important thing is to get together and learn from each other.
So, how do you get started? First, You need an outline to follow or base your meetings FLOW on. You can consult your companies back office (almost all of them have one) , talk with others who are hosting meetings or use the direct sales team meeting ideas I have provided here to get started. Remember that the perfect meeting is a work in progress – you’ll probably constantly be modifying whatever outline you start with. No matter what you start with – make it yours. Share your passion and knowledge with those who attend. Unforgettable, Motivating Team Meetings move those who attend to do GREAT things.
First of all -Select A Name – you need a name that will “TIE” you all together. It can be a Team Name, or something fun – it’s totally up to you. We chose to call our Team Meetings “Chalk Talk”. It was fun and a little different than normal – plus, it’s TOTALLY me!! Find something that rings true of who YOU are! Use Google – looks up different meanings of the word meeting or team and use a thesaurus to find one you really like!!
Overall Meetings Outline
- Welcome . . . Go around & everyone say their name and a fun “intro” question. This question should change at each meeting. You can use something from pop-culture or something business related – but the idea is to break the ice right away and get them to get comfortable with each other. EX – What new product do you think they’ll introduce at the corporate event this month?, Do you wake up by an alarm clock or a phone going off?, sticky notes or pad of paper . . . make it fun.
- Recognition . . . In our meetings, since ALL are not on my team – we expect that each comes WITH their numbers from the previous month. (We recognize TOP PV & # of distributors signed/qualified)
- ON-TIME Drawing – If you want people to be on time – it’s great to reinforce it by something like this. They LOVE that they can win just by being there!!
- Recite TEAM Motto – There is soooo much power in positive thinking. Find something you are passionate about and declare that your motto. We even STAND when we say ours.
- Review Last Month’s Challenge – What was it? How did you do?
- Product Highlight – This is something we assign prior to the meeting. We assign a product and ask them to come to the meeting prepared to “teach us” all about the product and unique ways to use it. This requires them to look up the product knowledge pages from corporate and watch any videos they can find either from webinars or youtube about it.
- Social Media Tip – great assignment – share a new one you discovered this month.
- Booking/Recruiting Conversation – For this, we call up two from the audience and give them a scenario – One plays friend, one plays distributor and tries to get them to “book” a demo/party. Then, they switch. We give the same two a second scenario (usually recruiting) and the other plays distributor and tries to interest them in the opportunity. (these are soooooo valuable – because it is helpful to see the WORDS others use when in these situations!)
- Training Topic of the Night (15 min) typically the leaders take turns shouldering this responsibility.
- Corporate Monthly Theme or Mini Training Topic (5 min) – This is given out as an assignment to a team member or growing leader to give a 5 minute tip about a specific topic. They are encouraged to watch a webinar or FB LIVE on the subject and share some tips with the group.
- Upcoming Holiday – This is also given out as an assignment although it’s more of a discussion leader. Things discussed . . . How to market to your customers, how to use FB LIVES, YouTube, show different ways to use product. *This is also a great time to discuss the companies stance on discounts.
- Upcoming Corporate Event – Focus of it and WHY they should be there!!
- Upcoming Dates – review next month’s meeting and any upcoming training dates.
- Challenge – Leave them with a challenge for next month – I like to base them off of the Training Topic.
Did you get enough Direct Sales Team Meeting Ideas? Team Meetings can be AMAZING and full of Motivation or they can DROWN you. You get to chose! We learn more when we share what we learn. So share away and watch your TEAM thrive and grow . . .
- Slay IG: How to use Instagram like a PRO for your Business
- Attraction Marketing : HOW to Attract the Customers YOU want
- How to Become WHO you want to be: The Saga of Self-Development
- 8 Reasons you DO NOT want to miss SeneGence, International’s SEMINAR
- TURN IT UP!! How to Amplify your Business on Social Media