DISCLAIMER: Please note that some of the links in this article are affiliate links. In fact, just go ahead and assume that anywhere you see a link, that it’s an affiliate link. There is NO additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase, I will simply earn a small commission for referring you. For more information - please see my Affiliate Disclosure page.
- I was privledged to live in the heart of Washington, D.C. for a few years after college. It was an unforgettable year and a half. Having grown up in AZ – I “drank” in the history that surrounded me everywhere I went. I couldn’t get enough of the Memorials, Museums and events held nearby. One of my most favorite memories is spending July 4th on “The Mall”(if you weren’t sure – this ISN’T a shopping mall). We were there all day in the sun, awaiting the fireworks. We got there early to claim our seats and then just enjoyed being together. It was a gorgeous day – but during the concert – the rain poured. Which was comical – because most everyone left and very soon we had front row seats. It was unreal!! I will never forget the feelings in my heart watching that incredible firework show – with the Lincoln, Washington and other Memorials as a backdrop. The PERFECT place to watch Fireworks.
I will probably not ever be able to recreate that night – but I am still SOOOO proud to be an American. Soooo proud to be blessed to have founding fathers to look to whom were willing to give all for this land we call home. These days my 4th of July nights tend to include pool parties, BBQ’s, outdoor movies and of course FIREWORKS. Usually I don RED – because it’s RED – Blu-Red and Fly Girl have often been my go to colors. However, every now and then I try to be a little more creative when it comes to my makeup! I mean – I can swim with it and it doesn’t budge – I can grill with it on and it doesn’t run – so why not have some fun, right!!
How to achieve this 4th of July makeup look:
On my Eyes – I used 3 different ShadowSense: Denim (Dk Blue), Silver Shimmer and Snow to create the Fireworks look! Basically I just applied small “shooting” lines repeatedly until I liked how they looked with EACH of the three colors!!
On my Lips – I used 2 LipSense: Fly Girl and Midnight Muse as well as Snow ShadowSense for the stripes across the Fly Girl. You could also use BluJ LipSense in place of the Midnight Muse if you prefer a more ROYAL blue to the Navy. Totally up to what you are wearing that day!!
Not quite sure what FUN makeup I’m going to do this year . . . I’ve already started trolling Pinterest to collect ideas . . . Do you pin on pinterest? I am SOOOOOO addicted!! Come pin with me!! I’d LOVE to see any ideas YOU find!! I’m always looking for new ones!! You could technically use any icon that represents America: Flag, Fireworks, Liberty Bell, Eagle, etc.
No matter WHERE you spend Independence Day . . . do some fun 4th of July makeup – even if you just play around with blue/white on your eyes and wear a bold Red lip – show everyone you see that YOU are proud to be an American!
- Top 5 Mermaid Makeup Tutorials
- Top 5 Makeup Vanity Sets to GIFT to your Teen/Tween
- How to Make My Eyelashes GROW . . . with SeneGence Lash Extend
- The Perfect Cosplay & Stage Makeup
- Refresh & Revitalize your Skin