DISCLAIMER: Please note that some of the links in this article are affiliate links. In fact, just go ahead and assume that anywhere you see a link, that it’s an affiliate link. There is NO additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase, I will simply earn a small commission for referring you. For more information - please see my Affiliate Disclosure page.
Even though most of us grew up using powdered blush – cream blush is generally regarded as the most-natural looking when used. Cream blush actually used to scare me – the colors look SOOOOO bright – but once I actually broke down and tried it – there is NO going back, my friends. So, here are some things I have learned about cream blush. Give it a try – you will be pleasantly surprized!!!!
6 Things to Know about BlushSense
- The texture of cream blush MELTS into the skin beautifully. When using powdered blush – the powder sits right on top of the skin – thus why it doesn’t last as long. Cream blush is hands down the best way to get the DEWY, natural look that is so trendy right now.
- Looks can be Deceiving – – cream blush formulations look deceptively BRIGHT – but don’t let this fool you. The smallest dot goes a LONG way and blends masterfully into your skin. This means they are CONCENTRATED – which means they LAST. (WHO doesn’t love that?) Look HERE at the gorgeous colors SeneGence offers. I would love to help you pick one out if you aren’t sure. For my help, GO HERE.
- Application Techniques – prior to using cream blush – I had only applied blush with a brush – which you can still do – but my favorite by far – is taking the TINIEST DOT of blush and using my fingers to blend it into my cheeks. Masterful, I tell you!!
- Long-Lasting – Cream blush definitely lasts longer than powder – no question. However, if you want to set it for EVEN longer wear or an extra long day – or just because . . . Lightly dust apple of your cheeks with Silver Rose Powder AFTER blush application. (My favorite part of the Silver Rose Powder is that there is just the slightest hint of shimmer to it and it adds extra glow to you face! TOTAL WINNER!)
- Can also be used in cosplay/theater makeup. Last year I used the cherry blushsense for the perfect color for Rafiki’s face in my daughter’s school’s version of Lion King, JR. It’s budge-proof and smudge-proof just like our other products. This factor alone made makeup “touchups” non-existent!!! So amazing to have downtime back stage & during intermission – instead of “fixing” all the facial mess-ups!!
- It doesn’t crease or get stuck in wrinkles – – (Need I say more?)
FUN TIP: on days when you aren’t putting makeup on or are running out the door – cream blush CAN be blended into moisturized skin alone for the perfect FLUSH. You know the one that says, “I just woke up like this!”
There are 7 BlushSense Colors: Bronze, Cherry, Chocolate Cherry, Pink Berry, Pouty Pink, Terra Cotta and Toasted Rose. Most likely you’ll look great in multiple colors – but as you can see in the last picture – the cool/warm tones are listed in the last picture. If you aren’t sure what your undertone is – go to THIS article– it’ll help you figure it out quickly before you make a decision!
HOW TO APPLY BlushSense by SeneGence:
- Squirt out the TINIEST dot on your pointer finger. Tap your two pointer fingers together – Now you have some ready for EACH cheek.
- Apply teeny dot to area just above apples of cheek but not as high as temples and then blend upward toward temples & cheekbones. May use fingers or brush to apply. Totally just preference.
- Need more color? Add more. You always want to start with a little & layer it to your desired intensity.
- Brush with Silver Rose Powder AFTER application for even longer wear time.