DISCLAIMER: Please note that some of the links in this article are affiliate links. In fact, just go ahead and assume that anywhere you see a link, that it’s an affiliate link. There is NO additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase, I will simply earn a small commission for referring you. For more information - please see my Affiliate Disclosure page.
Lip Liner is currently one of the most underused beauty products – and yet – it has the power to make or break your POUT. It was definitely misused in the 80’s & 90’s. (I’m sure you can recall the crazy lip liner colors with the frosty white lips look? – if not, count yourself blessed!) I honestly think that this “phase” left some of us a little nervous to try it again & utilize this amazing tool!
So here is EVERYTHING you need to know to add this beauty tool to your makeup routine and WHY you should!!
What is the purpose of Lip Liner?
- enhances the shape of your lips
- helps keep your lip lines clean – eliminating color bleeding out of the lines and feathering.
- adds dimension to your lips – making them look fuller/reducing the appearance of fine lines in the lips.
- Can CONTOUR your lips with it. (Yes- this is TOTALLY a thing!!)
Can I use my own Liner with LipSense?
Unfortuneately, NO. The LipSense will not last on your lips when you use a lip pencil – the LinerSense was MADE to work with the LipSense. It’s important you use them together so you get the most wear out of your LipSense Color. Just trust me – you’ll LOVE the LinerSense!!! I know you’re used to a pencil . . . but in this case – CHANGE is good! It will take a little practice – but it’s worth it! If you already know what color you want, buy it HERE now.
Tell me about LinerSense – your Liner . . .
SeneGence currently offers 6 LinerSense Colors: Neutral, Cocoa, Terra Cotta, Persimmon, Berry & Blu-Red. The liners have a thin brush applicator that is easy to use. The liner is made with a formula similar to LipSense that dries quickly – but only 1 layer of LinerSense is needed to last all day long on your lips. Ideally you want to line your lips (create your lips outline) and THEN apply your LipSense.
HOW do I know what LipColor to use with which Liner?
Definitely depends on what YOU like. Many of the LipColors could be used with multiple Liners – just depending on personal preference. However, here is a guide to get you started :
Remember that because our products adapt to your pH – you may try one of the listed combinations and not love it as much as another. That’s okay – it’s a starting place. Sometimes you find your favorites with a little trial and error. If you want some help picking the perfect color for YOU – whether its to match with Lipsense you already have or some you want to purchase – Contact ME HERE. I am really good with matching colors/skintone. I’d love to help you if you’re not sure. I also offer Personalized Color Recommendations HERE. To look at the current LipSense Colors go HERE. To look at the list of Limited Edition Colors I have on hand go HERE.
Can I use the LipSense to create the perfect lips outline?
Some basic rules re: LipLiner
- Always err on the side of a lighter color. When in doubt, choose a NUDE color.
- DO NOT just draw one straight line – should be applied in a series of short lines – more natural.
- LINE the corners – if you don’t – it looks unnatural.
- Line your lips FIRST – then add the lipcolor.
- Start @ Cupid’s Bow – draw an X down across the top lip and then use the short lines to go around the remainder of your lip line
- Overly drawn lips tend to look unnatural.
Ready to SHOP NOW? Want to learn more?
Come join me in my ALL ACCESS #backstagepass Lounge! It’s where all the magic happens.
- SeneGence – WAY more than LipSense
- TOP 5 YouTube Videos: How to Eat without Ruining Your LipStick
- 8 Reasons YOUR next Makeup Foundation should be SeneGence
- How to Make My Eyelashes GROW . . .with SeneGence Lash Extend
- How to Exfoliate Lips with LipSmooth