DISCLAIMER: Please note that some of the links in this article are affiliate links. In fact, just go ahead and assume that anywhere you see a link, that it’s an affiliate link. There is NO additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase, I will simply earn a small commission for referring you. For more information - please see my Affiliate Disclosure page.
Does it Really Work? A SeneGence Sunscreen Review
My Families Personal Experience:
Last Summer, my family was blessed to travel to California and spend 5 days theme park hopping. As this is one of my kids favorite summer To-Do’s – I have honed a plan almost to perfection in regards to sunscreen. On average – we go thru 1 bottle of our favorite spray sunscreen per day at a park when you calculate in reapplications, etc. So, I had purchased and packed 5 bottles – just to be safe. As a last minute thought – I also decided to throw in the 1 bottle of SeneSun (SeneGence’s Sunscreen) that I’d earned for FREE in my SeneGence business. (Learn more here) This product had JUST been released in April 2017. I’d been at the product launch – so I knew it was filled with suncreen ingredients that were SUPER good for skin.
I was super hesitant to try it as it cost as much for 1 bottle as it did for the 5 bottles of my families favorite sunscreen. However, I decided I’d bring it and perhaps give it a try one of the days. On day 1 – it was on top so I decided, what the heck, we’ll use it today and be done. We’ll do a SeneGence Sunscreen Review as a family and see what we think!!
- It is a spray with a lotion like consistency which spreads and goes a LONG way
- It isn’t oily or runny at all and smells REALLY nice.
- My kids didn’t hide their eyes or complain during application (neither did my husband). HUGE WIN!!
- It immediately soaks right into the skin.
- SPF 30 – I like that!
It made me a little nervous because it didn’t FEEL like sunscreen. But soon we were enjoying the park and we forgot all about the sunscreen. Well, I am VERY fair and normally reapply quite often as I feel the sun on my skin again. However, on this beautiful SUMMER, California day – – – it never even occured to me to reapply. I didn’t feel hot. At dusk when I realized we’d never reapplied – I was beating myself up . . . CRAP – we have 4 more days and we are all going to be soooooo burned tomorrow.
The next morning – I was shocked to realize that none of us were burned and my whole family was asking if I was using the SeneGence Sunscreen again – they WANTED me too. I decided, what’s one more day . . . So Day 2 ensued and once again – at dinner – I realized we’d never reapplied and I was super worried for my fair skinned little family. However, to our utter amazement the next morning – NO SUNBURN!!!!!! And thus, the 5 days went – – each day the kids(and the hubby) getting MORE adamant that I ONLY use the SeneGence one on them. Imagine my surprise while unpacking to open the bottle and realize that there was still 3/4 left. Needless to say – our PREVIOUS favorite brand found other homes for Summer and my brood continued to work on our SeneSun SeneGence bottle.
Thus – our SeneGence Sunscreen Review was born!
So, What’s in it? SeneGence Sunscreen Ingredients:
The KEY ingredients in SeneGence’s SeneSun Sunscreen are:
- SenePlex Complex – enzyme that increases how fast cells renew (intrigued? Learn more HERE.)
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate – absorbs UVB light
- Homosalate – helps absorb UV rays – thus protects skin from sun damage
- Ethylhexyl Salicylate – absorbs UVB light – comes from bark of a willow tree
- c12-15 Alkyl Benzoate – conditions and feels silky soft on skin
- Benzophenone-3 – prevents UV light from damaging ingredients.
- Polysorbate 20 – dissolves essential oils into water so there is no need to use alcohol.
- Aloe Vera – moisturizes, soothes and heals
- Orchid Flower Extract – protects skin from free radicals and is a great moisturizer
- Seaweed Extract – enhances skins ability to heal itself.
- Glucosamine HCL – helps body make more collagen
- Yeast Extract – helps form new cells and tissues
- Tocopheryl – Vitamin E – anti-oxident, inhibits skin cancer, combats premature aging
- Retinyl Palmitate – helps increase skin elasticity and helps skin layers thicken
- Ticontanyl PVP – works with SPF: enhances protection of hair, scalp and skin from UV rays
- Dimethicone – oil used to protect skin
- Sodium PCA – increases skin’s softness – acts as a humectant
- Ethylhexyl Palmitate – oil that is NOT greasy and very moisturizing
- Synthetic Urea – buffers, hydrates and conditions skin
- Phenoxyethanol – oil used to fight off bacteria and acts as a topical anesthetic
- Methylparaben – preservative – has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties
- Isopropylparaben – preservative
So, $45 – you say, for one bottle – and I say HECK, YES!!!!!!
My Official SeneGence Sunscreen Review – GET YOURS NOW!! You will not be disappointed!!
As a family – We will never go back to other brands – there truly is NO comparison!!
Come on over and JOIN my Facebook Community
and learn WHY we Sing OUT in the Rain . . .
- How to Get Rid of Dark Spots
- Refresh & Revitalize your Skin
- Take Back Control: 10 Reasons Every Parent will LOVE Circle With Disney
- Oh, Say can you see my Patriotic Spirit: FUN – 4th of July Makeup
- Love the skin you’re in . . . SenePlex Complex
- Summer-Proof your Makeup!!